San Ramon Passport Service
San Ramon offers passport renewal and ordering services.
If you are planning to travel abroad this summer, and your passport needs to be ordered or renewed, this is the time to start the process. It is currently taking about 2 months to process a new passport.
Ordering a passport for the first time.
- APPLICATIONS MUST BE TYPED OR PRINTED USING BLACK INK
- ACCEPTED FORMS OF PAYMENT: Personal checks, cashiers checks, or money orders only; SEPARATE payments go to the Department of State and to the City of San Ramon respectively. See passport fee schedules below for details.
- For complete information on all REQUIRED forms and documents, you need to bring to your appointment, go to http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/passports/apply.html
Don’t forget to make an appointment. Follow these instructs per the San Ramon City website.
PASSPORT APPOINTMENT LOCATION:
7000 BOLLINGER CANYON RD
BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
- The City does not process renewal forms (DS-82) for adults. These are mail-in forms.
- The system will automatically show the first available time slot.
- Double booking appointments will result in the 2nd appointment being canceled.
- If you have a travel emergency, please contact 1-877-487-2778
What does it cost?
New passports range $80 for minors to $110 for adults. Renewals by mail are $110 for adults. Minors cannot renew by mail. All passports processed through the City of San Ramon are charged an extra $35 fee.
If you are ordering a passport for a minor or renewing a minor’s passport, there are rules that need to be followed. For complete details, go to http://www.sanramon.ca.gov/cms/one.aspx?portalId=10826130&pageId=11593700
How long does it take for a passport to be renewed?
Currently, the U.S. Department of State is reporting that new passport requests are taking 4-6 weeks. This does not include another 7 days for shipping.