The Bollinger Canyon Road widening project is in full swing.
Bollinger Canyon Road is one of our main gateways to the Bridges, Gale Ranch, and Windemere Communities.
As your San Ramon Realtor and Broker at KernerHomes.com, people are constantly asking about the improvements on Bollinger Canyon. I am also a local resident of San Ramon and have been wondering, “What’s going on? What are all these distractions on the road?” Here is what I have uncovered. The City of San Ramon says the roads are going to be expanded to handle, “…roadway capacity to accommodate the General Plan buildout.” This includes the new City Center.
As we all know, having the extra lanes will be wonderful for more easily accessing our homes in San Ramon and Dougherty Valley. In addition, it will help support the expected traffic visiting the new City Center that is planned to open later this year. These upgrades should help alleviate congestion on the roads and get us home more quickly. That is a great thing. If you are considering moving to San Ramon, learn more about what our amazing community has to offer by going to San Ramon Community Details.
Here are the specific planned improvements from the City of San Ramon:
- Add one travel lane in each direction from Market Place to the I-680 Freeway
- Extend dual left turn lanes on eastbound Bollinger Canyon Road to northbound Sunset Drive and to northbound Camino Ramon
- Addition of a second left turn lane on westbound Bollinger Canyon Road to the Chevron campus
- Add second left turn lane on westbound Bollinger Canyon Road to Chevron and Bishop Ranch 1
- Add exclusive right turn lane on westbound Bollinger Canyon Road to northbound Camino Ramon
- Add second left turn lane on southbound Sunset Drive to eastbound Bollinger Canyon Road
The road work is expected to cost $7.5-$8 million dollars. For more information, contact the City of San Ramon at City of San Ramon.
If you are looking to sell or buy a home in San Ramon, text me at 925-400-7007 or visit About Jason Kerner.